The Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) honored several teachers this fall with the district’s awards. Nearly half of the honorees are CSUN alumni, accounting for 10 of this year’s 22 awardees. The award recognizes educators for their expertise, success, creativity and devotion to their students and the teaching profession.
亚洲欧美制服另类国产,国语自产拍在线观看,成本人视频动漫免费CSUN’s Michael D. Eisner College of Education is one of the largest public colleges of education in California and routinely produces teachers who are recognized as being at the top of their field.
“We wish to congratulate all of the LAUSD Teachers of the Year, and are especially proud of our CSUN Michael D. Eisner College of Education graduates who were honored,” said Dean Shari Tarver Behring. “The tremendous amount of dedication and care that our teachers put into their craft shows every day through the lives of the students they serve. We are thrilled to see you recognized for your amazing work!”
This year was a particularly strong year for CSUN graduates in the competition, as the total number of alumni honored doubled to 10 from previous years.
Five of the winners, including four Matadors, also were singled out to compete in the countywide Los Angeles County Teacher of the Year competition:
- Jessica Perry-Martin ’02 (Credential), who teaches visual and Advanced Placement art at the Arts, Theater and Entertainment (ArTES) Magnet at the Cesar Chavez Learning Academies. She will compete for LA County Teacher of the Year.
- Nikysha D. Gilliam M.A. ’06 (Educational Administration), ’08 (Credential), who teaches eighth-grade English and U.S. history at Audubon Middle School. She will compete for LA County Teacher of the Year.
- Amy Kassorla Weisberg ’79 (Credential), who teaches TK and kindergarten at Topanga Elementary Charter School. She will compete for LA County Teacher of the Year.
- Robyn Arnold ’06 (Credential), who teaches third-grade at Sherman Oaks Charter Elementary School. She will compete for LA County Teacher of the Year.
- Monica Erne-Webber M.A. ’11 (Educational Administration – K-12), ’11 (Credential), who teaches English and special education at John H. Francis Polytechnic Senior High School.
- Lisa S. Bennett ’09 (Credential), who teaches third-grade through fifth-grade special education at Van Gogh Charter Elementary School.
- Anna M. Gaiter, who teaches fourth grade at Plainview Academic Charter Academy.
- Katherine Yonemura ’90 (Credential), M.A. ’93 (Reading Improvement Elementary Education), who teaches fourth-grade at Hesby Oaks Leadership Charter School.
- Elva Madrigal ’07 (Credential), M.A. ’12 (History), who teaches honors and Advanced Placement social studies at John H. Francis Polytechnic Senior High School.
- Janet Di Giulio Skidmore ’95 (Psychology), ’00 (Credential), M.A. ’09 (Educational Administration – K-12), who teaches sixth-grade history, English and contemporary art at Lawrence Middle School.